PDO Threads are a non-surgical treatment, used to restore the clients skin elasticity & volume without the use of dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle treatments which some clients can be against the idea of. There is a wide range of threads available, therefore meaning you can offer a tailored treatment for the client depending on the desired result required.
Mono threads are great for clients with early signs of ageing that want to enhance their collagen production in specific areas along with a slight lifting effect, they can be used anywhere on the face and body with very little downtime.
This course is suitable for those with or without a medical background. It is designed to provide the student with the ability to seek employment or start their own business upon qualification. At a minimum, students will be required to be qualified for at least one of the following:
- Medically qualified as a nurse, doctor or dentist with current registration with the NMC, GMC or GDC.
- NVQ Level 3 in Beauty Therapy, ITEC or HND
- 12 months of needling experience
- 6 Months of micropigmentation experience and Anatomy & Physiology Level 3
If your qualification does not appear above, we offer a fast track access course for those completely new to the industry.
- Background of PDO Threads
- Health & safety
- In-depth anatomy and physiology
- Emergency protocols
- Product knowledge
- Sourcing clinical oversight (Prescriber)
- Complications prevention
- Client suitability
- Equipment use
- Needle stick injury protocol
- Pain management with the use of injectable anaesthetic
- Adverse effects
- Complications management
- Emergency Protocols
- Consent forms
- Consultation process
- Client selection
- Live demonstrations
- Live model experience
- Recommended treatment charges