We are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how we use it, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we work closely with selected partners who help us provide you with the information, products, and services you request.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time, so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you use our website and visit our premise locations. This information does not identify you personally but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use it to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title)
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- The date and time you visit
- The treatments you have
- The courses you have
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
- Your IP address
- Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this)
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- Cookie, Pixels or Beacon information
- The website address from which you accessed our website
- Details of any transactions between you and us
- Any information within correspondence you send to us
How do we use this information?
We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you.
- To share your personal information with our recommended third-party partners so that they can contact you with marketing information about products and services (we will, of course, give you details about these third parties before you give your permission for us to send information to them).
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us about any marketing messages you receive by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, courses, purchases, and other transactions entered into with us (or one of our authorised partners).
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where we must carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
- Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
- To respond to the correspondence, you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us.
- To support and services (for example, Aftercare services);
- Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ needs
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and our website are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally)
- To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) to understand you as a customer better and provide tailored offers, products, and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraphs above
- For service and product development purposes
- In some cases, we may use automated methods to analyse, combine, and evaluate the information you have provided. We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our services and communications (for example, when your records suggest you require additional services)
- Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic communications
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- To verify the accuracy of the information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer
- For network and information security purposes, i.e. for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example, where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists to be able to comply with your request)
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies
We may need to process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we work closely with third-party suppliers who fulfil business activities.
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may, from time to time, disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: direct marketing communications agencies and consultants, market research and market analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors.
We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose the personal information necessary to provide the service they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets where ever possible.
Due to our business’s international nature, some instances may be where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage required by applicable law.
There are circumstances where we share your information with our parent (or other companies within our Group) to fulfil orders, transactions, handle complaints or provide you with a service or information that you have requested.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. Suppose you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us. In that case, we will hold personal information about you for a more extended period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a future relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a regularly engaged customer), we hold your personal information for six years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for one year and six months from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you, e.g. you purchase from us. We hold your personal information for this period to allow us to develop a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a more extended period or delete it sooner
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for six years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies), and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you)
How can I manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase the information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have several rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. Regarding most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after receiving any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it).
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine-readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
If you are unhappy, you have the right to complain with a data protection regulator in Europe, particularly in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Call: 0303 123 1113
Sign up for our newsletter
Events, news and information not just for students but for the industry as a whole!