Lymphatic Drainage Massage
1 Day Plus E-Learning
Professional one day Practitioner training course in Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD), this is a specialized form of massage that has powerful cleansing, relaxing, pain relieving & immunological effects however it is easy to learn with our expert tutors
Lymphatic Massage Training
Request a brochure
Interested in learning more about this course or other courses we have available at the Cosmetic College?
Professional one day Practitioner training course in Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD), this is a specialised form of massage that has powerful cleansing, relaxing, pain relieving & immunological effects however it is easy to learn with our expert tutors. It is a gentle, flowing, rhythmic massage and can be applied to a wide range of physical conditions to great effect.
The massage technique is particularly useful for the treatment of lymphoedema and swelling that is often seen in response to cancer treatments such as radiotherapy. It’s specialised pumping technique can be used to prevent or treat lymphoedema and improve lymph drainage.
Manual Lymphatic drainage techniques facilitate the removal of metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules, and foreign substances from tissue via the initial lymph vessels and the venous capillaries. In addition it relaxes the sympathetic nervous system, reduces pain, and enhances the activity of the immune system.
It is an effective treatment for a variety of issues including oedema, skin disorders, headache, sinus congestion, sprains and aches, stress, digestive disorders and it can be used before and after surgery to remove tissue congestion and minimize scar formation. It is particularly useful as part of post-mastectomy therapy oedema and fibrosis and relieves pain and tension.
We specialise in providing small classes which makes us one of the most popular training centres in the UK.
This course is suitable for:
- No previous experience is necessary
- NVQ Level 3 in beauty therapy, ITEC or HND is desirable
- Qualifications in sports massage or full body massage is desirable
You are required to complete 20 hours of theory study via our accessible e-learning portal and 5 practical hours onsite.
All courses are kept intimate with a maximum of 6 learners to a class.
Areas covered within the course:
- Structure and function of the lymphatic system including lymphocytes, lymph tissue, lymph vessels, lymph nodes, ducts, capillaries, spleen
- Main lymph nodes of the body
- Overview of the blood vessels of head and neck
- Relationship between blood and lymph
- History of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Contraindication to Manual Lymphatic Draining Massage treatment
- Explanation and demonstration of manual lymphatic drainage massage techniques including the four basic strokes (as well as additional methods), that can be sequenced and applied to any part of the body and incorporated into your massage routine.
The Cosmetic College provides training to students in a variety of ways designed to be flexible and engage students in mediums in which they can learn to the best of their potential.
We offer flexible payment options to our students through our finance and payment spread partners. Secure your place on our course with a minimal deposit today.
- Qualification from CPD
- Refreshments & snacks
- Complimentary Treatment for your model
- Professional treatment kit*
- Membership Discounts
- Access to online community support groups
Want to discuss options or have questions?
Request a callback from our team to have all your questions answered and options for training reviewed.
Sign up for our newsletter
Events, news and information not just for students but for the industry as a whole!