Dermaplaning is an exfoliation treatment that removes the dead skin cells in the upper layer of the skin. It uses a surgical scalpel to lightly 'shave' the skin's surface, removing the face's fine vellus hair (peach fuzz).
The treatment will produce a brighter and more youthful glow to the client's skin and allow skincare products to be absorbed more easily. Clients also find that their makeup sits more smoothly on their skin following "peach fuzz" removal.
The treatment can be performed monthly in under thirty minutes and has minimal downtime.
Course Entry Requirements:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Good command of English
- Be able to learn independently
- A strong desire to build a career in aesthetics
- Previous skin and facial training are desirable; we suggest that learners new to the industry enrol on our facial and skincare course before enrolling on our ClinicCare skin peel course.
Course Pre-Study/Practical & Length:
This intensive course includes 4 hours of theory study via our e-learning portal and five practical hours.
All courses are intimate with four learners in class 2-1 ratio.
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin and hair
- Infection control
- Sharps and hazardous waste training
- History of dermaplaning
- Treatable skin conditions
- Legal concerns and consultation requirements
- Practical training 1 model per area
- Practical set up
- Professional live demonstrations