1 Day Plus E-Learning
This one day course is designed for complete beginners with no healthcare/medical experience required
This course teaches you all you need to be able to perform the venepuncture procedure and set you on the right course to becoming a professional phlebotomist
Request a brochure
Interested in learning more about this course or other courses we have available at the Cosmetic College?
Throughout the phlebotomy training course for beginners, you will look at the theory behind phlebotomy and be allowed to develop your practical skill using the most up to date techniques and equipment.
The course covers all of the competencies set out in CHS132 (National Occupational Standard for Phlebotomy). Once completed, you will have all of the skills and knowledge necessary to work as a phlebotomist.
This course is suitable for both medics and non-medics.
- A minimum of 21 years of age
- Good command of English
- Able to learn independently
You are required to complete an online study and eight practical hours onsite.
All courses are kept intimate with six learners in a class.
Areas covered within the course:
- A background to phlebotomy
- Health and safety in phlebotomy
- Infection control
- Informed consent
- Anatomy and physiology of the arm
- Site selection – good and bad veins
- Complications that can arise when taking blood
- Needlestick Injuries; what they are and what to do
- How and where to correctly apply a tourniquet
- What is expected of a phlebotomist
- The importance of correct patient identification and informed consent
Practice Kit included with virtual course
Fundamental Training Courses That Take Your Career To A Whole New Level
The Cosmetic College provides training to students in a variety of ways designed to be flexible and engage students in mediums in which they can learn to the best of their potential.
We offer flexible payment options to our students through our finance and payment spread partners. Secure your place on our course with a minimal deposit today.
- Qualification from CPD
- Refreshments & snacks
- Complimentary Treatment for your model
- Professional treatment kit*
- Membership Discounts
- Access to online community support groups
Want to discuss options or have questions?
Request a callback from our team to have all your questions answered and options for training reviewed.
Sign up for our newsletter
Events, news and information not just for students but for the industry as a whole!