Cavitation, also known as Ultrasound Cavitation, is a treatment that has been around for a number of years now, as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction for the reduction of Fat.
Cavitation uses ultrasound waves to break down the excess fat. We call it the 'non-surgical liposuction' because there is no need for anesthesia, no pain, no incision and no recovery time. The ultrasound waves are delivered through the surface of the skin via an ultrasound probe.
Cavitation can be dangerous if not used correctly due to the depth of penetration of the ultrasound beam but with the correct training and understanding safe practices can be used to ensure great results to remove excess fat without the need for surgery. Cavitation can also be used in the treatment of cellulite, skin tightening and stretch marks.
Cavitation is a great treatment on its own but can also be combined with other treatments to increase its effectiveness such as Radio-frequency for skin tightening and Shock-wave therapy for cellulite.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Good command of English
- Be able to learn independently
You are required to complete 20 hours of theory study via our accessible e-learning portal and 5 practical hours onsite.
All courses are kept intimate with a maximum of 6 learners in a class.
Areas covered within the course:
- Core knowledge
- Health and safety and data protection
- Confidentiality, privacy
- Hygiene and sterilisation
- Equipment maintenance and set-up
- Cellulite and full understanding
- Body types and fat tissue
- Fat assessment including BMI
- Candidates for cavitation
- History of ultrasound and uses
- Principle of cavitation
- Objections and how it works
- Benefits of cavitation
- Consultation, contra-indications, skin sensitivity, treatment times, safety, risk, side effects, recovery and aftercare
- Live demo