Wood therapy is a technique in which a rigorous and complete massage is performed with the help of various utensils made of wood. Each of these instruments has a specific shape and size since they adapt to different areas of the body to fulfil a function.
Our Wood Therapy courses offer in-depth training that provides therapists the opportunity to offer their clients a non-invasive method of body sculpting and lymphatic wood massage.
We accept students aged 18 and over. Prior experience within beauty or massage is preferred but not compulsory.
Students must have good written and spoken English.
This intensive course includes 6 hours of theory study via our e-learning portal and one day onsite at our training centre.
All courses are kept intimate with a maximum of 6 learners to a class.
Areas covered in this course:
- Health and Safety
- Anatomy & Physiology
- What is cellulite?
- What is the lymphatic drainage?
- The link between the lymphatic system and the cellulite
- History of wood therapy
- Oils and work products
- Theory about the use of each element of wood
- Step by step work on back.
- Step by step work on abdomen.
- Step by step work in the legs and glutes.
- Step by step work in arms.
- How to sanitise your tools
- Consent forms
- Industry regulation